Effective communication and Executive Presence are closely intertwined.
Leaders need to be skilled communicators in countless relationships and it is impossible to become a good leader without being a skilled communicator. This one day workshop elaborates on a leaders’ best tools – specificity and clarity of language to achieve the desired results. Without that clarity, even clear messages are misunderstood and in some cases lead to conflict.
The aim of the Constructive Conversations Workshop is to introduce practical techniques and strategies to enhance individual and team performance.
After the workshop you will be able to…
- Assure behaviour change by developing action plans and accountability
- Use a structured model for giving feedback in a positive and helpful way.
- Apply the essential attitudes or mindset that leads to resolving conflict
- Employ a model for receiving feedback in a manner that will maximize the value of feedback received
- Avoid mistakes that may result in extreme anxiety on the part of both the giver and receiver of feedback
Through presentation, individual questionnaire, reflection, small group exercises, discussion and review the following will be covered…
- The illusion of transparency
- The role of ‘in the moment’ coaching
- Practical models and tips for giving feedback and managing conflict at work
- The key elements of communication
- Thomas Kilman Conflict Mode Instrument
- Recognising different styles of conflict
- Identifying the impact of different conflict styles
- Recognising preferred style/s in managing conflict and additional strategies to successfully resolve the conflict situation
- Practising giving feedback and resolving conflict
- Identifying a plan to apply to enhance communication skills in the workplace.
Limited to six participants